Job Posting OPEN
MDS / Care Plan Coordinator, RN
We’re looking for an MDS Coordinator, RN to join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals! The overall responsibility is to coordinate and oversee the MDS and resident care process. Also, to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements, to certify completion, ensuring adequate reimbursement for care rendered.
The Responsibilities (not all-inclusive):
- Schedule or oversee the scheduling of all resident assessments to ensure timeliness.
- Coordinate and oversee all functions of the MDS assessment process to ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Complete all assessments, care plans as outlined in the RAI Manual, ensuring compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Participate in admission or pre-admission to determine appropriate level of care for proper reimbursement.
- Participate in a family meeting on admit as needed.
- Track resident level of care changes to assure timely submission of the start of therapy, hospice, or significant change in condition.
- Review all MDS assessments and related forms to certify timely completion by self and or team members, where appropriate.
- Review reports of timely completion of assessments and care plans and take any follow-up actions as necessary to ensure continuity of care.
- Update system and records to reflect accurate resident conditions.
- Analyze Quality Data to help address resident care concerns, assist with Quality Data reporting.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team care plan meetings which also includes the family, and where possible the charge nurse and CNA caregiver.
- Complete and or update assessments such as Braden, Pain, Fall Risk, Urinary/bowel elimination, AIMS, Side Rail, and Elopement, Lifts as necessary.
- Update Care Plans and or Resident Care profiles as needed to reflect true resident care needs and/or changes.
- Consistently work with Administration, nursing services, physicians, residents, families, and consultants.
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing or Administrator.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Registered Nursing license which is in good standing.
- Ability to meet all health requirements, including a drug screen.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Prior experience in an MDS role.
- Two years’ experience of long-term care experience.
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs that include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
EOE / AA / M / F / D / V Drug-Free Workplace