Job Posting OPEN
We are currently seeking a qualified Admissions Coordinator. This position manages the admissions process and communicates available services to referral sources, including hospital case managers, physician’s offices, other healthcare providers, and the community.
The Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Coordinates resident/patient referral and approval process.
- Conducts tours of the facility with potential residents/patients and their family members.
- Tracks pre-admission referral activity daily / weekly.
- Coordinates patient admission by notifying all departments of anticipated admission.
- Assures paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Verifies insurance benefits and all payment options.
- Effectively manage occupancy levels and census/premium mix enhancement.
- Develop and maintain relationships in the community to advise referral sources of bed availability and ongoing education regarding services provided to meet the daily needs of the community at large.
- Completes records and documentation in accordance with company policy and state and federal guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Communications / Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
· Organized and detailed in work performance.
- One or more years’ experience in health care sales/marketing/ insurance or commensurate educations preferred.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patients.
- Possesses excellent technical assessment and documentation skills, and leadership qualities.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Must be familiar with medical terminology.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs that include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
EOE / AA / M / F / D / V Drug-Free Workplace